1. Mother Parent Limited and its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “Mother” is committed to preventing acts of modern slavery and human trafficking.
2. This statement is made in accordance with Section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act and sets out the steps we take to identify, address and prevent modern slavery and human trafficking in our business and supply chain.
3. No incidents of modern slavery or human trafficking were reported within our business or supply chain during the previous financial year.
4. Mother is one of the world’s leading independent creative advertising agencies. Our services include advertising in all forms of media, brand strategy and creativity, production, design, digital transformation, social and PR.
5. Mother’s ultimate parent company is Mother Parent Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with company number 08811175. Mother’s headquarters are in London, with hubs located in New York, Los Angeles, Singapore and Shanghai.
6. Mother’s supply chains mainly include production companies, media agencies, software companies, I.T. and other office equipment, professional services, office cleaning and other office facilities services.
7. We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in any part of our business or supply chain. Our anti-slavery and human trafficking policy reflects our commitment to act ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships, and to implement and enforce effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place.
8. We actively and at least annually review our HR policies and procedures to ensure that we comply with all applicable laws and protect the rights and freedoms of all those working on our operations. Our employment policies address issues such as working hours, working conditions, whistle blowing, discrimination, health and safety in the workplace, holiday and sick pay and the protection of personal data.
9. We carry out an annual risk assessment relating to modern slavery and human trafficking. This is carried out by the Legal & Production Affairs, People and Finance teams.
10. We do not operate in a high risk industry nor a high risk jurisdiction and our risk assessment has found that Mother has a very low risk of any modern slavery in its own operations. However, we recognise that we have a low risk through our use of third party suppliers, particularly our production partners, and we have therefore focused our attention on minimising the risk of slavery and human trafficking in our supply chain through effective due diligence processes and robust contractual terms.
11. Mother’s group companies deal with many independent producers and a wide range of suppliers of services. It is our intention to only contract with producers and suppliers who can satisfy our standards with regards to labour and welfare conditions or have a commitment to achieve these standards. Suppliers are only engaged when we are satisfied that safeguards and protocols are in place to prevent any modern slavery or human trafficking from taking place in their own operations or supply chain.
12. If we proceed to contract with suppliers following our due diligence exercise, we require our suppliers to:
a) comply with all applicable laws, including modern slavery laws; and
b) warrant that they have suitable practices and procedures in place to ensure that human trafficking and slavery does not take place in their organisations or their supply chains.
We monitor our suppliers on an ongoing basis and will end our relationship with any suppliers who we believe may be involved in modern slavery or human trafficking.
13. Mother is committed to an ongoing review of its policies, procedures and contracting practices in relation to modern slavery and human trafficking and any changes will be reflected in future annual statements.
This statement has been approved in relation to the financial year ending 31st December 2022.
Director, Mother Parent Limited